Beef Brisket Radish Soup is a delicious and hearty soup for the family. The beef provides a good dose of iron and radish is known to help detox the body. The soup is also easy to make and perfect for little kids as well!
Serves 3 to 4
What you need (click on the link to shop for ingredients):
- 600g of beef brisket
- 500g of white radish or daikon
- 500ml to 700ml of water
- 3 cloves of peeled garlic
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 0.5 tsp five spice powder
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Coriander as garnish
1) Blanch the beef brisket in boiling water for 5 mins to remove scum and dirt.
2) Rinse and cut up the brisket into small pieces.
3) Peel the skin of the radish and cut it up into small pieces.
4) Place garlic, beef brisket and radish in a pot.
5) Add 500ml of water, add five spice powder, soya sauce and sugar and bring contents of pot to a boil before turning heat down to lowest.
6) Cover pot with a heavy lid and simmer in low heat for 2 hours. Add more water if water level dips during the simmering.
7) Add salt to taste and coriander as garnish.
8) Serve with a bowl of rice or vermicelli.