- 200 to 250g Pork Ribs
- 1.5 to 1.75 litres Water
- 1 large Onion
- 4 large medium-starchy Potatoes
- 1 large Carrot
- Salt and White Pepper
- Rinse pork ribs and trim off excess fats (if any). Place in a 2-litre large pot and fill with cold water, enough to submerge the pork ribs. Cover the pot, set over high heat and bring to a boil. Keep the water boiling for 3 to 5 minutes - you will a greyish layer (the scum) forming on the surface. Drain the pork ribs and give them a good rinse to get rid of the scum. Rinse the pot.
- Place the rinsed pork ribs in the clean pot and add in the 1.5 litres of water. Set over high heat and bring to a boil.
- While the water is coming to a boil, prepare the vegetables: peel and dice the onion into ½-inch dices. Peel and dice the potatoes into 6 to 8 pieces each. Lastly, peel and dice the carrot into chunks, slightly smaller than the potatoes.
- Once the water has boiled, add in all the vegetables. Let the water come to a boil again and turn down the heat. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the potatoes and carrot are tender. Season with salt and white pepper to taste and serve.
Recipe Courtesy: foodiebaker.com