Good for 3-4 Pax
3 Whole Squid (Small)
8-10 Large Scallop
10 Pcs Prawn (Shelled, Keep Tail)
1-2 Stalk Sweet Basil (Chopped Coarsely)
8 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
½ Cup Olive Oil
Crushed Black Pepper
- Chopped basil and garlic.
- Cleaned squid, remove skin with kitchen paper and cut into 1.5cm ring. Set aside
- Toast sourdough in oven for about 8-10mins wrapped in aluminium foil at 180 degree.
- Dry all seafood with kitchen paper.
- Heat up frying pan (DO NOT ADD ANY OIL AT THIS POINT). Sear scallop on high heat for about 1min on each side or until 70% cooked on both side until slightly brown. Remove and do the same for prawns.
- Lastly pour in the squid and stir fry (no oil) until about 70% cooked.
- Lower heat (small) and pour in olive oil, garlic and basil. Quick fry for 30 secs.
- Add in the seared scallops and prawns, mix well until cooked about another min. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
- Serve with toasted sourdough and garnish with leave of basil.
- Balsamic Vinegar or Lemon Juice can be added to balance out the overall taste.
- Any toasted bread can be used to dip into the garlic olive oil. Best with sourdough.
- Far West Scallop is my preferred after trying so many brands. Natural sweetness does not shrink after cooking and still tender and juicy.