Good for 2-3 Pax
1 Young Chicken (Prefer 500-700g)
1 Korean Ginseng Soup Mix Pack (Can be purchase from FairPrice)
1 Fresh Ginseng
½ Cup Short Grain Rice / Glutinous Rice
8 Cloves Garlic
½ Tsp Sea Salt (Adjust according to taste)
1-2 Stalk Spring Onion
6-8 cups of water
Sweet Sour Dipping Sauce For Chicken
2 Tbsp Chopped Brown Onion
1 Korean Green Chilli (can be replace by local chilli of your own preference)
3 Tsp Soya Sauce
2 Tsp White Vinegar
1 Tsp Honey
Sesame Dipping Sauce For Chicken
1 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tsp Sesame Seed
½ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
1. Boil 8 cups of water with the soup pack leaving out dried ginseng root. Keep the dried ginseng aside for some other dishes.
2. Clean chicken, making sure clean off the blood in the cavity. Do not cut off the neck and/or tail, if they are still attached. They help keep the rice inside the cavity.
3. Wash short grain rice and set aside.
4. Stuff the chicken feet into the cavity with fresh ginseng, garlic, short grain rice and red dates (from the soup mix). You may use a kitchen twine / dental floss to tie the legs of the chicken to keep the rice inside the cavity while cooking.
5. Add in the chicken into the pot of boiling water and continue to boil chicken on high heat for 30mins. Reduce heat to medium and boil for another 45mins – 1hr or until chicken is cook till fork tender.
6. Prepare the dipping sauce for your chicken meat by mixing them together.
7. Serve hot with chopped spring onions and have some sea salt and pepper on the side for each individual to season to own taste. If you are serving into individual portion, remove the bones from the chicken and portion the chicken meat into single serve portion. Alternatively, you can add in the sea salt and pepper directly into the pot if you prefer to serve the whole pot on your dinner table.