150g Fish Fillet Sliced (Batang / Tioman / Red Snapper etc)
6pcs Medium Size Prawns
1 bowl of frozen cooked clam (any kind of cooked clam that is sold frozen) 15pcs of small dried scallops
15pcs of small dried oysters
2 Tbsp Fried Sliver Fish
1 Tbsp Fried Shallot
1 Tbsp Goji Berry / Wolfberry
1 Tbsp Ginger, Sliced thinly 1.5 bowl of rice (must be overnight rice, kept in fridge)
1 Litre Chicken Stock (Optional, if not using dried scallop and oyster to create broth)
1 Tsp Fish Sauce
½ Tsp Salt (Adjust to taste)
1Tsp Sesame Oil
Marinate for Fish Fillet (Marinate for at least 30mins, best if overnight)
½ Tsp Salt
½ Tbsp Sesame Oil
2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
1 Tsp Corn Flour
1. Prepare broth – Wash dried scallop and dried oysters before adding into 1 liter of boiling water. Let it cook for at least 1hr on small heat or until scallop and oyster is soft. Add ¼ tsp of salt to bring out the flavor of the broth. Set aside to use later. If not creating your own broth, you can use chicken stock.
2. Heat oil, fried 2 tablespoon of cooked rice until it becomes crispy and drain on towel paper. If you prefer more crispy rice, you can adjust amount accordingly.
3. Set the broth to boil on high heat. Add in prawns and fish slices together with ginger slices, when both items are half cooked, add in the clam and bring it to boil. Note: prawns and fish slices cook within 30 secs if you keep your broth boiling on high so do not over cook your prawns. You need to move fast at this step.
4. Taste before adding in seasoning and adjust accordingly. Add in the rice and let it cook for 10 sec on boiling. Turn off heat and garnish with spring onion, fried shallot, fried sliver fish, goji berries and the crispy rice.
5. Serve hot with cut chilli padi and some fermented soya beans
Serves 3-4 pax