Good for 1 pax
Boneless Chicken Leg
4 Leaves of Cabbage, Sliced
1 Bowl Rice
Chopped Spring Onion (For Garnish)
- Season chicken leg with salt and pepper for 10-15mins.
- Pan fry chicken leg with ½ tbsp oil until cooked/golden brown.
- Remove oil leaving 1 tsp of oil in the pan, add in cabbage with ½ tsp salt and fry for 1min. Add in 1tbsp water to prevent cabbage from getting burnt. Fry until cabbage is soft but still crunchy. Set aside.
- Add in 1 tsbsp oil from frying chicken, crack an egg, add rice and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste and serve. Garnish with some spring onion and slice chilli.
- You can add in some frozen corn to make your fried rice more interesting.
- The main ingredient in this dish is the oil from the chicken fat. This oil render from the chicken fat will make cooking anything flavorful which is why we only need salt and pepper for seasoning. So remember to buy chicken leg that has more fat and keep the skin on.
- When choosing cabbage, choose one that feels heavy even though it might be small and leaves that are greener. It will be more juicy and sweet.