1 Cup Rice
1.5 Cup Chicken Broth (If using rice cooker, use 1 ¼ cup of broth)
2 Boneless Chicken Thigh (cut into 5cm length)
6 Pcs Dried Mushroom (Cut into 1cm, soak with hot water)
1 Lap Cheong/ Chinese sausage (Sliced thinly)
Xiao Bai Cai (Cut into half)
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Slices Ginger, Minced
Spring Onion, cut diagonally 1 cm
Marinade For Chicken
1 Tbsp Light Soya Sauce
½ Tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
1.5 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
1Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Shao Xing Wine
Dash of White Pepper
- Marinate chicken with the marinade for at least 2hrs.
- Heat oil, fry Chinese sausage for about 1min to bring out the flavour. Remove and set aside.
- Using the same pan fry mushroom doe 2-3mins. Before frying, squeeze out the water from mushroom and cut away the stem.
- Add in minced ginger and fry till brown, add in minced garlic and fry until golden brown.
- Add in marinated chicken, mix well and fry for 3mins.
- Add in rice, fry for 1mins. Spread the mixture evenly and try to pick up the mushroom and lay ontop on the rice.
- Add in chicken broth slowly. Cover and cook until rice is ¾ cooked (last 5mins before rice is cooked) and most water absorbed. At this point add in the vegetable and Chinese sausage.
- Cover and allow vegetable to cook. Once vegetable is cooked, open cover and turn heat to medium high. We want to create some burnt rice at the bottom of the pan to give it some wok hey. Let it cook for another 3mins, once you hear sizzling sound in your pan, off the heat.
- Garnish with some spring onions, drizzle with some sesame oil mix it and more dark soya sauce if you want more flavour. Serve hot.
- You can use rice cooker to cook instead of a happy call pan. Transfer to rice cooker after stage 6 (frying the rice).
- To create burnt rice in your rice cooker, after your rice cooker has cooked the 1st time, set another round to cook it again but with your cover open this time as we only want to cook the bottom of the rice. Covering it the 2nd time will only create more steam and make your rice soggy.