Serves 2 Pax
250g Angus Rib Eye (Short Rib, Sirlon can be used)
1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
1 Tsp Brown Sugar
Dipping Sauce (Nahm Jim Jaew)
2 Tsp Glutinous Rice
1 Tbsp Tamarind Juice
3 Tbsp Fish Sauce
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Chilli Flakes
1 Small Shallot, chopped
2 Tsp Chinese Parsley, chopped
Salad to serve (I am using mustard green and red veined sorrel salad which has a wasabi flavour and lemony taste with some lettuce, you can use whatever salad you enjoy eating)
- Marinate the beef with oyster sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar.
- Heat pan and brown glutinous rice until the color turns a little brown. Remove from heat and grind with stone pestle and mortar or using a blender until it looks like sand.
- Mix all the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and add in the roasted rice. Set aside to serve with beef.
- Heat up frying pan with some oil. Pan fry beef about 2mins on each side until medium well. Depending on how thick is your beef, mine is about 1.2cm thick so if yours is thicken, you will need another 2mins on each side.
- Rest beef for about 3-4mins before slicing into stripes. Serve with salad and dipping sauce or jasmine rice.