Serve 1 pax
1 Medium Squid, clean and cut into rings
3 Cloves Garlic, Sliced
Spring Onion, Chopped
1 Tsp Butter
Sesame Seeds, Garnish
½ Tsp Butter, To Serve
1 Tbsp Rice Wine or Sake
1 Tbsp Light Soya Sauce
½ Tbsp Mirin
½ Tbsp Sugar
Dash of Black Pepper
Note: Feel free to substitute squid with chicken, beef, pork
- Marinate the squid with the marinate sauce for about 5-10mins.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil, brown garlic until light brown, remove from heat and set aside
- Drain the marinate of the squid into a separate bowl and keep it for later use.
- Stir fry squid for 10 sec and add in 1 tsp of butter and fry for 1min until about 80% cooked. Do not overcook squid as it will turn rubbery. Remove and set aside
- Return the marinate sauce into the pan and cook for a min or two until it reduce to a little thick. Off the heat and return the squid back to the pan and coat the sauce with the squid.
- Serve over a bowl of short grain rice or jasmine rice. Pour the cooked squid over the rice and serve with ½ tsp of butter. Garnish with shopped spring onion and sesame seeds.