6 Large Prawns (Ang Kar / Tiger Prawns)
2 Cloves Garlic, Sliced
Pinch Of Sea Salt
3/4 Cup White Wine (Prefer Sauvignon Blanc)
Chopped Parsley / Clintro For Garnish
3-4 Slices of Sour Dough Bread
3-4 cubes of butter (To grill bread)
XO Umami Chili Butter Sauce
½ Tsp Cumin
2-3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
½ Onion, Chopped
2 Tbsp Top Gourmet XO Umami Chilli Sauce
100-120ml Cooking Cream
100g Unsalted Butter
Juice of 3 – 4 wedges a lemon
1.5 Tsp Sugar (adjust to 1 Tsp if you prefer less sweet but you need about ½ tsp minimum to enhance the taste)
Method – Chili Butter Sauce
- Heat up 1 tablespoon oil and brown chopped onion for about 20 sec, add in the chopped garlic and fry until garlic turn a little golden brown.
- Add in cumin powder and XO Umami Chilli Sauce. Fry for about 1 min.
- Add in cooking cream and cook for a min. Add in butter and sugar, cook till well mix with the cooking cream. Squeeze in lemon juice. You can adjust the sourness according to your own taste. Add more lemon juice if needed. Set aside to use later
Method – Grilled Sour Dough
- Heat up frying pan. Spread butter on sour dough and grill on pan.
- While the sour dough is grilling on one side, put a cube of butter on the other side and flip the bread over to melt the butter. When the butter is melted on the frying pan, sweep the bread on the melted butter in the pan and spread it well.
- On low heat grilled the sour dough until slightly crispy on both side. Set the bread aside to use later.
Method – Shrimp A La Plancha
- A La Plancha simply means grilling on a hot flat plate over very high heat. Using a kitchen tissue wipe down the frying pan used to grilled the sour dough.
- Heat up the frying pan until it is very hot. Pour about 2 tablespoon of oil.
- Sprinkle some sea salt onto prawns. When the pan is hot, grilled the prawns about 2-3 mins on each side or until cooked.
- When you flip the prawns to the other side, add in the sliced garlic and brown the garlic. Remember to flip the garlic to prevent it from burning. When prawns are cooked, your garlic should also be just ready. In case, the prawns are not yet cooked, remove the garlic from pan and add them later to the sauce.
- On high heat, drench the white wine into the grilled prawns, mix in the chili butter sauce which was prepared earlier.
- Serve with grilled sour dough and garnish with chopped parsley