Chilli Sauce Recipe
5 finger-length red chilli de-seeded
2 chilli padi (bird’s eye chili) no need to de-seed, for the heat; omit or adjust to taste
8 cloves garlic peeled
3 slices ginger 1/8 tsp salt to taste
1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sugar to taste
Juice from 3 limes
Add 2-3 tbsp chicken stock from boiling chicken before consuming. The rest of the chili can be stored in fridge for up to 3 weeks.
1. Fry garlic in the wok with some oil to get rid of the raw taste if you do not like raw garlic.
2. Blend all ingredient together.
Chicken Rice Recipe
2 cups rice
2 cup chicken stock from boiling chicken
3 Pandan Leaves
1 Tbsp Salted Butter
4 Cloves Garlic, crushed with skin on
½ Stalk Lemon Grass
1. Wash rice and stir fry until fragrant for 5 mins with all the ingredient except butter and chicken stock.
2. Add in the chicken stock from boiling the chicken and pandan leaves in the rice cooker.
3. When rice is almost cook, add in the butter and stir with the rice
Boiled Chicken Recipe
4 Chicken Thigh or 1 Whole Chicken 1kg - 1.2kg
4-5 pieces of sliced ginger
6 cloves of garlic
½ stick of lemongrass
2 stalk of Chinese parsley roots
1 Tsp Salt
½ pot of water enough to cover the chicken
Sauce for Chicken
1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 Tbsp Soya Sauce
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1. Boil half a pot of water with sliced ginger, garlic, lemongrass, salt.
2. When the water is boiling, add in the chicken thigh and boil for 20mins. Remove from heat and put inside a tub of ice water to stop cooking.
3. Chop chicken with a chopper into small pieces. Drizzle sauce onto cut chicken and serve with a bowl of rice.