4 Slices of Ginger, Sliced
4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2-3 Tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce (adjust according to your own taste)
1-2 Tbsp Soya Sauce
½ Tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
2 Tbsp Canola Oil
1/2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
4 Tbsp Hua Tiao Wine
1 Liter Water
13 pcs Shitake Mushroom, soaked & de-stemmed
1 can Abalone
100g Fish Maw, Soak until soft and cut into 3cm ring
10 pcs canopy / dried scallop
1 Pack Far West Wild Caught Australian Scallops
2 Pcs of Sea cucumber (ready to use) Sliced and Pre Blanched with ginger slices
13 pcs Medium Size Sea Prawns (quick fry with hua tiao wine and oil)
30g Fatt Choy, boiled for 5mins over boiling water
1 White Radish, cut into 2cm thick and blanched with 30g rock sugar
½ Broccoli, blanched
200g Napa Cabbage
100g Roast Meat
NOTE: If using Chicken Stock, you may omit out the seasoning and add the seasoning according to your own taste
1. Brown ginger and garlic in oil and sesame oil.
2. Add in shitake mushroom fry for 5mins with oyster sauce, soya sauce, dark soya sauce until it is fragrant. Add in the water and let it boil.
3. Braised the mushroom until soft (able to poke through using chopstick). Roughly about 3hrs over low heat or 6-8 hrs in slow cooker.
4. While waiting for mushroom to cook, steam dried scallop over medium heat for 45mins-1hr
5. Add in fish maw and sea cucumber into the braised mushroom and cooked until tender. If using “wu yuan” sea cucumber can continue to let it braise over 1-1.5hrs. If using “jing tiao” cooked it for 30mins – 45mins as it get tender faster than “wu yuan”
6. Remove fish maw and set aside.
7. Quick fry frozen scallop and sea prawn with oil and hua tiao wine. Set aside.
Putting it together
Add some soup from braised mushroom in the claypot, lay the white radish and nape cabbage on top of the white radish.
Assemble the roast meat in the center. On the side assemble the prawns, frozen scallop, fish maw, sea cucumber, mushroom and broccoli. Add in more soup from the braised mushroom.
On the top layer assemble the abalone. Thicken the rest of the braised mushroom soup with some corn starch. If you prefer to have a more water down gravy, you may omit out the corn starch. Pour the remaining gravy over the abalone and braised the claypot for 15mins. Serve hot.