200g Taro, Cut into long strip or Julienned
1 Medium Squid, clean and cut into rings or source in crisscross pattern
6pcs Medium Sea Prawns, cleaned and deveined
6pcs Large Sea Scallop
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Scallion, only the white portion, sliced at angle
½ carrot, cut into strip
¼ red capsicum
½ pack of Beech Mushroom
½ pack sugar pea
1 cup chicken stock
1 Tsp salt
½ Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tsp corn flour (mix with 2 tbsp water)
Method Taro Basket
1. Heat up 1 pot of oil enough to for the entire basket.
2. Spread the taro strips over a metal sieve forming the shape of a bird nest. Take another metal sieve of the same size and put it over. Once the oil is hot, slowly lower the taro basket into the oil a little at a time. Take note not to lower the basket all at once as the hot oil might spill out due to the high temperature. 3. Fry until basket is golden brown, dish out and keep aside to use later. Seafood & Vegetables
4. Boil a pot of water to blanch all the seafood, making sure to only have them 70% cooked.
5. In a separate wok, heat 2 tbsp of oil and brown the garlic until fragrant with some salt. Add in the scallion, mushroom and fry for 2mins until both are half cook with the chicken stock.
6. Add in the rest of the vegetables, when the vegetables 3/4 cook throw in the seafood and give it a quick stir fry. Add in the corn starch water to thicken the gravy.
7. Dish up and serve in the taro basket.
Serves 3-4 pax