2 Boneless Chicken Leg
200g French Beans
100g Baby Corn
½ Red Bell Pepper
2 Bunch of Baby Lettuce
3 Cloves Minced Garlic
½ Tbsp Sesame Oil
White Roasted Sesame Seeds
Chopped Spring Onions
1 Tsp Sze Chuan Peppercorn
1.5 Tsp Salt
1.5 Tbsp Rice Wine
1 Tsp White Pepper
Ingredients (Boiling Chicken)
3 Stalk Spring Onion, Cut in halves
3 Tbsp Rice Wine
2-3 Bay Leaves
1 Star Anise
½ Tsp Sze Chuan Peppercorn
1 Tsp Black Peppercorn
½ bowl of ice water with ice cubes
- Marinate Chicken with sze chuan peppercorn, salt and rice wine at least for 5hours or overnight.
- Boil water enough to cover chicken, add in all ingredients for boiling chicken except for ice water.
- Add in chicken and cook for 10min on medium high heat, off heat, cover for 15mins. Remove and soak in ice water until cool. Drain and set aside.
- While waiting for chicken to cook, slice lettuce and red bell pepper. Set aside.
- Scoop out ½ bowl of chicken stock and set aside. Using the same pot of stock left from cooking chicken, add in french beans, baby corn boil until cooked, remove and soak in ice bath. Drain and set aside.
- Season the bowl of chicken stock which you scoop out earlier with salt, white pepper, ½ tbsp sesame oil and minced garlic, mix well.
- Slice chicken and all the rest of the vegetables and plate on plate. Drizzle the seasoned chicken stock over your dish and garnish with spring onion.
- Serve room temperature or cold.
- Vegetables such as cucumber, black fungus, napa cabbage, king oyster mushroom etc can be added. As long as the vegetables are crunchy of nature.
- Adjust seasoning according to taste, chili flakes or paprika can be added for heat.
- Dish is meant to be eaten cold or room temperature. Dish can be prepare 1 day in advance and consume the next day which will be more flavorful