Good for 5 pax
2 Tbsp Cooking / Olive Oil
2 Clove Garlic, Minced
1 Brown Onion, Chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
500g Minced Beef
1 Can Diced / Cut Tomato (Unsalted)
1 Can Kidney Beans In Water (Optional)
500-600ml Beef / Chicken Broth
200g Shredded Cheese (Cheddar / Monterey Jack)
2-3 Stalk Chinese Parsley / Coriander (Chopped)
Seasoning (Mix in a bowl)
1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 Tsp Paprika
2 Tsp Cumin
1 ½ Tsp Onion Powder / Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
½ Tsp Black Pepper
1 ¼ Tsp Salt
1.Preare the seasoning in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil to brown garlic and onions for about 2-3 mins.
- Add in red bell pepper and minced beef and fry for 2mins. Add in all the seasonings to continue frying for 1-2mins.
- Add in can tomato, can kidney beans, macaroni and broth. Mix well and let it simmer for about 7-8mins until pasta is about al dente. Taste and adjust accordingly if more salt is needed.
- Once pasta is al dente, add in half of the shredded cheese and mix well.
- Off the heat, sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of the dish and cover till cheese if melted.
7.Garnish with chopped parsley before serving. Keep the leftover in freezer and make sure dish is cool before freezing.
- If you are cooking in a large batch, the balance can be freeze in an air tight container for up to 1 month. Defrost them overnight and heat up by putting into the microwave. Add more cheese and microwave 2nd time to just melt the cheese.
- Cooked the paste till al dente as it will continue cooking even after you turn off the heat.