1 Golden Pomfret, Gutted
3-4 Tbsp Cai Por
10 Buds of Broccoli
10 Slices of Carrots, using cookies cutter cut into flower shape
2 Ginger, Sliced Thinly
2 Stalk Spring Onions
1 Stalk Chinese Parsley
5 Tbsp Oil (To cook cai por)
2 Tbsp Oil (Heat in pan to pour over spring onions)
2 Tbsp Soya Sauce
Pinch of salt
2 Tbsp Hua Diao Wine
- Marinate fish with salt and Chinese wine, set aside for at least 10mins.
- Prepare a steamer with at least 1 inch of water in the bottom of steamer for steaming fish later.
- Heat pan with 5 tbsp oil and cook cai por until lightly brown, drain off oil and set aside.
- Lay vegetables around fish and put it to steam when water boil for 8-10mins depending on size of fish.
- Remove after 10mins, add spring onion on top of fish and pour hot oil over spring onions.
- Add in soya sauce and sprinkle with cooked cai por. Garnish with parsley.
- Other kind of fish can be used for this dish. E.g. Cod fish, Chinese pomfret, Sea bass, Grouper, Red Grouper, Red Snapper etc.
- 400-500g fish will need about 8-10mins to cook. Any bigger please add another 2-5mins.
- Check the eye of the fish to determine if the fish is cooked. If it has turn white, means the fish is cooked. Also cooked fish will flake off easily when you scrap the meat with a fork.