Good for 3-4 Pax
6-8 Medium Grey Prawns
1 Small White Radish, Peel and Sliced
100g Minced Pork
4-5 Cloves Minced Garlic
2-3 Stalks Spring Onion Separate Stem and Leaves
2 Pcs Slice Ginger, Cut Finely
Seasoning (Mix in a bowl)
1 Tbsp Corn Flour
½ Tbsp Knnor Chicken Concentrate Seasoning
½ Tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
2-3 Tbsp Oil
3-4 Tbsp Water
Marinate (For Pork)
1 Tbsp Oil
2-3 Tbsp Water
2 Tsp Soya Sauce
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
Dash White Pepper
- Marinate pork with seasoning, set aside
- Heat up pot with oil and add in white radish, cover and let it simmer while we prepare the pork.
- Heat up a frying pan with 2-3 tbsp oil, brown ginger until light brown, add in garlic and spring onion stem. Stir fry until fragrant / golden brown.
- Add in minced pork and mixed well. Add a little water to loosen the pork and fry till cook
- Add 100ml of water to pot of radish to prevent the bottom of the pan from burning.
- Add in cooked minced pork into radish, continue cooking until radish is cooked. Add in grey prawns and seasoning. Cooked for another 3-4mins until prawns are cooked.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot with steam rice.
- Sualor, Ang Kar prawns can also be used for this dish.
- Buy radish that are around 5-6cm in diameter so that it is bite size after cooking. In case if smaller size radish are not available, you can cut into half so that it is easier to eat and cook.
- The thicker you cut your radish, the longer the simmering time and more water is needed to prevent pot from drying out.