Good for 3-4 Pax
70g Plain Flour
30g Brown Sugar
15g Almond Powder
50g Unsalted Butter, cut into cube
½ Tsp Salt
Ingredients (Apple Fillings)
250g Apple, Peel skin and cut into cubes
1 Tsp Lemon Zest
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
½ Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- Blend all dry ingredient for crumble together using blender, pulsing every 3 sec to mix well. Add in butter and pulse every 3 sec until mixture looks like crumble. Chill in fridge for 30mins.
- Heat pan and add in sugar and apple cubes cook for 2mins on high heat with lemon juice and cinnamon powder. Lower heat and cook for another 6mins until apple become soft and some of the water is reduce. Add lemon zest just before apple is cooked.
- Transfer to baking dish, using fingertips, rub crumbles that has been chilled for 30mins on top of cooked apples. Bake for 20mins on 200 degrees.
- Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream.
- Other flavour of ice cream can be served but taste best with vanilla bean ice cream. Other flavours might overpower the apple.
- Dish can be made in advance and only add in crumble just before sending into the oven to bake.
- Use premium apples such as Envy Apples (crunchy and juicy) for best results. Do not use apple that has turn soft or lose it’s crunchiness.