Good for 3-4 pax
500g Flower Clam
1 Pc Chorizo, Diced
½ Brown Onion, Diced
½ Red Bell Pepper, Diced
1 Potato, Cut into ½ inch cube
3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
¼ Tsp Salt (Adjust based on taste after adding chicken stock)
½ Tsp Paprika
½ Tbsp Oregano (Use 2 Tbsp if fresh one is used)
¼ Tsp Chilli Pepper
2 Cups Chicken Broth
½ Can Cannellini Beans (White Beans)
1 Tsp Lemon Juice / Wedge
Toasted Sour Dough
- Heat pan with 2 tbsp olive oil, add in chorizo and fry for 1min before adding in brown onion. Fry brown onion until translucent.
- Add in garlic, fry until fragrant. Add in red bell pepper and fry for 1 min before adding potato.
- Season with all the seasoning except salt and stir fry for 30 sec. Add in chicken broth and simmer for 15mins.
- Add in flower clam and white beans, taste and adjust accordingly.
- Serve with sour dough and lemon wedge on the side.
- Fresh oregano is preferred than dried herbs as it will give it a fresher taste and make the soup look pretty. Dried herbs tends to float on the top of your soup.
- If using fresh clam, soak them in salt water and rinse a few time until it run clear of sand
- Chili pepper can be omitted for a non-spicy version.