500g Potatoes, Peel and Sliced
200g Minced Beef
½ Onion, Chopped
2 Clove Garlic, Chopped
1 Can Hunt’s Diced Tomato
200g Shredded Cheddar Cheese
80g Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Tsp Salt
½ Tsp Coarse Black Pepper
½ Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
2 Pcs Bay Leaves
- Heat fry pan with 4tbsp oil. Pan fry sliced potatoes until lightly brown / 80% cooked. Set aside
- Using same pan, brown garlic and onions for 2 mins. Add in minced beef and can tomato with all seasoning. Simmer for 7 mins.
- Remove bay leaves. Set aside
- Lay cooked potatoes in the baking tray and spread them evenly, add in the cooked minced beef and spread them out. Sprinkle with cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Baked for 15-20mins at 200 degrees.
- Cut into single portion and served with some salad drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Do not bake the casserole for too long so that cheese is not dry out.
- For advance preparation, add the cheese only just before baking.
- Pomelo or orange slice, cherry tomato, pomegranate and nuts can be added to the salad to balance out this cheesy dish.