10 Pcs Ang Kar Prawns / Saw Lor
30g Glass Noodles, Soaked in hot water
5-6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Stalk Spring Onion, Chopped
3-4 tbsp water
4-5 tbsp oil
Sauce (Mix together)
½ Tbsp Chicken Concentrated Stock
2 Tbsp Seafood Soya Sauce
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Hua Tiao Wine
- Deveined prawns and butterfly.
- Place the glass noodles on place and lay prawns on top.
- Sprinkle with spring onion steam and put a little fresh garlic on each prawn. Add in the sauce over the prawns and 3-4 tbsp water.
- Steam for 5-8 mins depending on size of prawns.
- Heat oil and fry the remaining portion of the garlic until lightly brown, set aside.
- Remove steam prawns, add in the spring onion leaves and chopped chilli. Pour the hot oil and fried garlic. Serve hot.
- Frying the garlic will elevate flavour of the dish.
2.Turn off the fire when you see it start to change color as the hot oil will continue to cook the garlic.
- Saw Lor or Ang Kar Prawn is preferred as the texture will be crunchy even after steaming. Always use fresh prawns when steaming, avoid frozen ones.