300g Beef Shabu
½ bowl Thai Basil
Chopped Chinese Parsely
Chopped Spring Onion
Seedless Green Lime
1 Tsp fish sauce
Chopped red chilli
Sliced Fresh Brown Onion
500g Ox Tail
1kg Beef Bones
1 Small Ginger
2 Brown Onion
1 Cinnamon Stick
2 Star Anise
2 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
2 Tsp Salt
Dash of Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Rock Sugar
- Boil ½ pot of water to blanched beef bone and ox tail for a few mins. Wash under running water to clean off scums.
- Boil another pot of water filling up pot with ¾ water. Put in the bones and ox tail once water boil.
- Roast aromatic (onion, garlic, cinnamon stick, star anise, coriander seeds) until fragrant. Put roasted aromatic into the soup. Simmer for at least 1hr.
- Boil another pot of water to blanched beansprout for 10sec when water boil, remove and rinse under running tap. Drain and set aside. Do the same for Pho, cook until pho is soft.
5.Marinate ½ portion of the beef shabu with about 1 tsp fish sauce. Set aside in fridge.
- Check on ox tail to see if it is soft, once soft, can remove bones and ox tail from soup. Sieve soup to get a clear broth. Otherwise continue to simmer for another 30mins or until ox tail can fail out easily from bone.
- Assemble dish with pho, beef, beansprout, parsley, spring onion. Pour hot boiling soup over the beef and serve with cut lime and chilli.
- Always blanched and wash off scum off bones and ox tail to get clear broth
- Beef brisket can be used, if using brisket cook it together with broth and sliced it afterwards
- Knorr chicken concentrated seasoning can be added to enhance the flavour.