800g-1kg Chinese Pomfret Fillet, Sliced
Fish Bones from the pomfret
1.5 Tomato Wedges
2 Salted Plum
3 Slices Ginger
2 Tbsp Sole Fish Powder(Ti Por)
1L Chicken Stock + 1 Cup Water
1 Box Soft Tofu, cut into large cube
1 bowl of Fried Taro cube
½ White Cabbage (Nape Cabbage)
- Fillet fish and keep the bones aside for the soup. Slice into 1cm thick diagonally.
- Boil chicken stock + water with fish bones for about 30mins with stem of napa cabbage and ginger.
- Marinate fish with a pinch of salt and 1.5 tsp of fish sauce. Set aside
- When the broth boil, add in the Ti Por powder and all the ingredient except fried taro.
- Boil for another 3-5 mins until the pomfret slices are cooked. Remove from heat and add in the fried taro. Serve with sambal chili and warm rice.