Good for 3-4 Pax
500g White Clam (Frozen / Fresh)
1 Pack Semi Soft Tofu, Cut into 2cm thick
4 Tbsp Homemade Seasoning Paste
1 Leek, Sliced
½ Fresh Chilli, Sliced
Spring Onion, Chopped
350g Ground Pork
1 Cup Chopped Spring Onions
1 Brown Onion, Chopped
6 Cloves Garlic
4 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbsp Pork Lard (Optional)
Seasoning For Paste (Mix in a bowl)
1 Cup Korean Chilli Pepper Flakes
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Mirin
4 Tbsp Light Soya Sauce
2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Heat oil and pork lard. Add in spring onion and fry for 2mins. Continue to add in the pork, separate them well and fry until cooked.
- Add in chopped onions, garlic. Fry until mixture is a little dry. Pour in the seasoning which you have already mix them in the bowl previously. Fry for until well mix and all moisture is all dry up and set aside.
- Leave 4 tbsp worth in the same frying pan and keep the balance to cool before storing.
- Add about 360ml water into the pan and bring to a boil.
- Add in tofu, clams, leek, cook for 5mins. Drop an egg into the pot and garnish with spring onion, cut chilli. Serve hot with rice or toasted baguette.
- Reason for mixing the seasoning in a bowl is to avoid burning the chilli pepper flakes when frying.
- Keep stirring the pork mixture after adding in the seasoning to avoid burning, adjust the heat to avoid burning.
- Portion leftover jjigae paste into desire portion in small zip lock bag and store in freezer up to 2 months.
- If using fresh clam, soak in water with some salt to allow the clam to spit out the sand and do this 2 times and wash with water before cooking them