Good for 3-4 Pax
½ Chicken , Chop into parts
10pcs Fresh Shiitake Mushroom, remove stem and cut half
2 Tbsp Goji Berries, soaked in 3 Tbsp Rice Wine
2 Stalk of Spring Onion, Tie into bundle
4 Pcs Ginger Slices
5 Pcs Red Dates
3 Pcs Dang Sheng
3 Pcs Bei Qi
2 Pcs Dang Gui
5-6 Pcs Yu Zhu
Chopped Spring Onions (For garnish)
1 Tsp Salt (adjust according to taste)
- Poach chicken in boiling water with ginger slice and spring onion bundle. Drain and set aside
- Boil a ½ pot of water (just slightly more than enough to cover chicken). When water boil, add in all the chicken and herbs except goji berry and mushroom.
- Boil chicken for 15mins in medium heat, after 15mins add in the mushroom and let it cook for another 30mins until chicken and mushroom is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add in the goji berry and garnish with spring onion.
- Soaking goji berry with rice wine enhance the flavour. Always add in last to prevent sour after taste.
- Salt is always added last to bring out the full flavour of the chicken.
- Chicken with bones is preferred to enable soup to have natural sweetness.
- Chicken powder can be added if you prefer a stronger chicken flavour or too much water is added.