1 Pack of Pine Brand Bean Vermicelli (about 160g), soak in water until soft, drained
125ml Of Chicken Stock
6 Large Prawns
100g Pork Belly, use one that has most fat
5 Cloves Of Garlic,
Peel whole 3 Pcs of Chinese Parsley Roots, washed and pat dry
Black Peppercorn, Crushed coarsely
3 Tbsp Hua Tiao Wine
Seasoning (Mix well in a bowl)
3 Tbsp Fish Sauce
2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 Tbsp Soya Sauce
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1. Heat up 2 tablespoon oil and fry pork belly for about 5min on high heat.
2. Lower heat to medium and add in garlic. Fry until fragrant before adding in the parsley roots and crushed black peppercorns to continue frying. Once smell of black peppercorn is noted, off fire.
3. Transfer fried ingredients into clay pot and heat up clay pot. Add in the drained bean vermicelli and pour in the seasoning. Toss the vermicelli with the seasoning.
4. Pour in the chicken stock. Lay the prawns on top of the vermicelli and add in the Hua Tiao Wine. Cover and cooked in medium fire until prawn is cooked.
5. Serve hot garnish with Chinese parsley.
NOTE: If you prefer your vermicelli to be a bit softer can add additional 3-4 Tbsp of chicken stock half way when the pot is cooking.