Ingredients (Rib Eye)
300g Boneless Rib Eye
50g unsalted butter
3 stalk of fresh thyme
5 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
Ingredients (Potato Salad)
250g Baby Potato
2 Tsp Salt
50g Streaky Bacon
½ Red Onion, Sliced thinly
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Butter
3.5 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp Sugar
2 Stalk of Spring Onion
3 Tbsp Dill / Parsley
Method (Rib Eye)
- Dry rib eye with paper towel. Marinate with some salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in pan. Make sure pan is hot before putting in the rib eye.
- Sear 2mins on 1 side. Filp over to the other side. Add in thyme, garlic and butter.
- Baste rib eye with butter on the other side. Adjust doneness of steak according to liking. Remove from pan and rest for 5-10mins before slicing into 1cm thick.
Method (Potato Salad)
- Boil baby potato for about 8-10mins until little firm in centre. Drain away water and cut into half or 3 pcs depending on side of potato, set aside.
- Heat pan with oil, fry bacon until slightly brown, add in onion and butter.
- Deglaze pan with some apple cider vinegar and sugar. Stir to mix well.
- Add in cooked baby potato, mix well. Add in parsley and spring onion. Off heat and mix well. Serve with grilled rib eye.
- Searing and resting the beef ensure that the juice is lock inside the steak after cooking
- Adjust level of sour and sweet by adding or reducing the amount of cider vinegar and sugar.
- Dill can be substitute with Chinese parsley, English parsley. If possible use dill as it gives the best flavour.