Good for 2 pax
150g Jasmin Rice, Wash and Drain
80g Cabbage, Cut into bite size
2 Fresh Button Mushroom, Sliced
¼ Red Bell Pepper, Diced
¼ Brown Onion, Diced
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
160ml Chicken Stock
50ml White Wine (Sauvignon Blanc, best for seafood)
¼ Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Light Soya Sauce
2 Tbsp Cheddar Cheese
1 Stalk Of Spring Onion, Chopped (For Garnish)
½ Lemon, cut into wedges
Marinate For Salmon
250g Salmon Fillet, Cut into 3cm thick
Pinch of Salt
1 Tbsp Sake Cooking Wine / Hua Tiao Wine
Pao Fan Style
250ml Chicken Stock, Boil
- Marinate salmon with some salt and cooking sake.
- Heat up 2 Tbsp oil and pan fry salmon on skin side for 5 min on high heat, flip over and fry for another min. Remove and set aside.
- Using same pan, brown garlic and onion until fragrant. Add in cabbage and mushroom to fry for 1min.
- Add in rice and mix well with salt and light soya sauce. Pour some white wine into the rice, cook for ½ min. Add in chicken stock and spread ingredients evenly. Add in the red bell pepper all over the pan, cover and cook for about 5mins on low medium heat.
- Add in the half cooked salmon and cheddar cheese to the rice and continue to cover and cook for another 5mins. After 5mins check if rice is cooked, otherwise you can add another 20ml chicken stock around the pan and continue to cook for a few more mins.
- When rice is cooked, we want to create a layer of burnt rice at the bottom pan, so cook it for another min after checking the bottom layer does not have a layer of golden brown rice.
- Flake the salmon into the rice and garnish with spring onion. Serve by squeezing some lemon juice directly on rice or scoop some rice into bowl and pour some hot chicken stock over and serve Pao Fan Style.
Tips: If you are using rice cooker, transfer the rice after cooking in the frying pan in Point 4.
Add in the salmon and cheese only when water is almost dry up in the rice cooker about 5-10mins later. Cover and cook until rice is cooked and continue with Point 7.