Good for 2-3 pax
200g USDA Angus Short Ribs (Kalbi)
Lettuces Leaves, wash and drain water
½ Brown Onion, Sliced
Rustic Bread / Baguette / Sourdough / Focaccia / Brioche
Butter for grilling bread
Marinate for Beef (At least 4hrs / overnight)
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
2 Tbsp Light Soya Sauce
1 Tbsp Cooking Sake / Rice Wine
½ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
1 Wedge Of Asian Pear (Yellow), Chopped
1 -2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
1 Cloves Shallot, Chopped
1 Slice Ginger, Chopped
- Cut short ribs into slices and marinate with all the ingredients for the marinate for at least 4hrs or overnight.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter on frying pan, using slices of bread, coat bread with melted butter and grill until crisp and brown. About 2mins on each side on medium heat. Set aside.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon oil on same frying pan, grill beef about 1-2mins on each side in small batches and do not overcrowd otherwise it will create steam and meat will not have charred taste. Do this until all beef is used up.
- Using the same pan, caramelised the onions. Set aside.
- Assemble the sandwich putting the first layer with some lettuce followed by some beef which has been sliced into smaller pieces(for ease of eating), onions and tomato. Serve hot with some kimchi.