Good for 2-4pax
1 Cup Paella Rice / Bomba Rice
3 Cups Chicken Stock / Fish Broth
½ Can of Diced Tomatoes
½ Red Bell Peppers
10pcs Cooked Frozen Mussels
15pcs Cooked White Clam
4 Medium Tiger Prawns
3 Small Squid / 1 Large Squid, cleaned & cut into rings
3 Cloves Minced Garlic
1/3 Minced Brown Onion
1 Tsp Paprika
1/3 Tsp Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
5 Strand of Saffron
½ Lemon cut into 4 wedges
2 Stalk Parsley, cut coarsely
Dash Of Salt & Pepper
1. Heat olive oil on frying pan. Pan fry tiger prawn until about 70-80% cooked. Remove, set aside to use later
2. Using the same pan, quick fry the squid for 10 secs. Remove and set aside.
2. Using same pan, brown onions for 1min, add in red capsicum and cook for 1min. Add in saffron and stir fry for 30 sec before adding in garlic. Fry until fragrant. Add in paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sea salt.
3. Pour in diced tomatoes and cook for 1 min. Add in bomba rice(do not wash rice), give it a quick stir, add in chicken broth and mix well.
4. Do not stir anymore at this point as stirring will cause the starch in the rice to come out and make the rice sticky. Cook it on medium high heat for 5mins.
5. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for another 10mins. At this point, you can add in the mussels, white clams and tiger prawn into the pan when the broth starts to reduce. Add in the squid last as we do not want the squid to turn rubbery.
6. Cook until the chicken stock is almost dry, turn the heat to low and continue cooking for 2mins. At this point, the chicken stock should be almost dry up and you can hear some sizzling from the pan, let it continue to sizzle for 1min as we want to make the soccorate (slightly burnt rice at the bottom of the pan). Off the heat and cover with a aluminium foil and rest it for 5mins.
7. Remove foil and garnish with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges. Your beautiful seafood paella is ready to be served.