Good for 2 pax
400-500g Boneless Chicken Leg, Cut into 2 inches
½ Brown Onion, Cut into 1 inch
½ Carrot, Cut Into Large Cube
4 Pcs Baby Potatoes, Peeled & Cut Half
½ Leek, Sliced Diagonally
½ Red Chili, Sliced
Sauce (Mix well in bow)
3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Soya Sauce
1 Tbsp Rice Wine
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Gochujang Sauce
1 Tsp Salt
- Heat pan with 1Tbsp oil. Brown chicken with skin side first for 2mins, followed by the other side for another 1-2mins.
- Add in carrot, sauce, water. Stew for 10mins using medium fire.
- Add in potato and continue to stew for another 5mins. Add in onion and mix well for 1min.
- Garnish with leek and red chilli. Serve with steamed rice.
- Substitute leek with spring onions.
- Cut potato evenly to ensure same cooking time. Normal potato can be use instead of baby potato. Use fork to poke through potato to check if cooked. Baby potato should cook in 5mins. Note that potato will continue to cook through in the residual heat after removing from stove. So cook them about 95% cooked.
- Try to buy chicken with skin as the skin will produce collagen when cooking making the gravy more tasty and a more thicker sauce.